Hi everyone I hope you all had a great week! I am overflowing with empty products, so I thought I would make a post to share everything I used up this winter. It is a lot of products that I give short reviews on below, so next time I won’t wait as long to make a post of my empties. I am also planning on making a post on trying out Terracycle if that is something you all would be interested in. Let me know!
1. Clinique Lash Flattening Mascara: I have decided that this is my favorite mascara and I also have a full size of this. I love the volume and length that it gives and it is so easy to achieve.
2. Olay Microscrubbing Cleansing Infusion: I was not a big fan of this body wash. I liked the smell, but I prefer to just use a loofa to get the exfoliation on my skin.
3. Clarins Moisture-rich body lotion: This was not particularly moisturizing and I wouldn’t pay for the full size of this.
4. Native Coconut and Vanilla Deodorant: I really love this, it was the first aluminum free deodorant that actually worked for me, but the little size doesn’t let you use it up completely. I also have this deodorant in the Lavender and Rose scent, which I am loving as well. Also, if you click the hyperlink for this you can get a free mini deodorant with your purchase.
5. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Barriar Cream: This was a lovely light weight scent-free moisturizer. I like a thicker moisturizer during the winter, but would consider getting this again (get 20% off with my link).
6. Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Hand Cream: This was pretty nice, but once again, I wouldn’t pay for the full size, which is $68.
7. VictoriaLand Skin-Loving Elixir Revitalizing Face Oil: I really liked this facial oil. I have another little sample that I am going to use, but definitely found that it was moisturizing and even helped my acne. They are also currently offering 25% off.
8. CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser: This is super simple, gentle and doesn’t have any fragrance. I also have the full size of this, which I am excited to use.
9. Biossance’s Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil: I liked this facial oil, but I think I prefer the VictoriaLand one. I do have another sample of this, so I will try both out again and let you guys know. (Use the link to get $15 off)
10. Mario Badescu seaweed night cream: This was okay, but I didn’t particularly like the smell of it. However, I recommend checking out the little sample pack they offer of a personalized skincare regimen because it is a nice way to try a few things out.
11. Clinique Moisture Surge Hydrating Supercharged Concentrate: I really liked this and applied it under my moisturizer during the winter. It added a nice hydrating layer that was light and refreshing. I would probably even use this as a moisturizer on its own in the summer.
12. Biossance’s Squalene and probiotic gel moisturizer: As a moisturizer, I prefer this to the Clinique one I mentioned above. I remember that I really enjoyed this one and will look into picking it up in the summer.
13. Estee Lauder Advanced night repair eye supercharged complex: As you can see in the picture I did not use this up because it was causing a lot of irritation and dry patches under my eyes. This is why I like to find samples first because I don’t feel so bad about throwing out a free sample.
14. Clarins Skin-Refreshing Water Comfort One-step cleanser with Peach Essential Water: This is best makeup remover I have tried. I may get this if it goes on sale, but otherwise a bit out of my price range (see photo below).
15. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser: This does a great job of removing makeup, smells like rose and is very moisturizing and affordable. However, I don’t like that I have to use a washcloth in order to remove it and it won’t wash off with just water. My skin has been breaking out recently and I am concerned that it was this. Possibly I had this for too long. After I stopped using this i did notice that I stopped getting new breakouts. I may try it again in the future when my skin is a little more clear.
16. Makeup Forever Excessive Lash: It has a pretty small wand, which I prefer Besides the Clinique lash flattening mascara, this is my other favorite mascara.
17. Clinique High Impact Mascara: I found that this was okay, but definitely have other mascaras that I prefer.
18. CoxRx Acne Patches: I love these pimple patches. They are affordable and I find that they work so much better than others I have tried.
19. Simple Micellar Wipes: I love these. I use them occasionally to take makeup off. They are very gentle and fragrance free and do a great job at removing makeup. I am going to try to stop using wipes because I prefer to have something that I can reuse, but may pick these ones up again when I am out of wipes because they do work well in a pinch.
20. Missha Speedy Solution Trouble Patch: I didn’t find that these worked very well and they were kind of hard to stick down on the contours of the face.
21. Clinique Exfoliating lotion: I did really like how refreshing this was, but it does have alcohol in it and I am trying to go for an alcohol free toner.
22. Loreal Hydrafresh Toner: This was okay. But, I thought it was funny because it says Alcohol free on the front, but denatured alcohol was the second ingredient.
23. Pantene Micellar Shampoo: This is my favorite shampoo, it has such a nice fragrance and feels so gentle on my hair. However, I can’t find the Aloe one anywhere and don’t like the scent of the original. I am thinking of possibly trying the rosewater one when I run out of shampoo, so I would love to know if anyone has tried that one and your thoughts on it!
24. Pantene Foam Conditioner: This really did nothing for me. I think my hair is too thick for this conditioner to really work, but maybe if you have thinner hair it may add volume to your hair.
25. Mitchum Gel Deodorant: Oh this deodorant does not work for me and is not aluminum free, so definitely will avoid this.
26. Mitchum invisible solid deodorant: Its funny how much better this was compared to the gel one, but I have found some aluminum free ones that I like, so I don’t think I will get these again.
27. Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Deodorant: This does work as well as deodorants with aluminum, but it leaves black marks on the armpits of my shirt. So, I would like to try some of the other Schmidt’s ones because otherwise I did like this.
28. Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Milk Cleanser: I really loved this face wash it has such a nice cucumber smell and is so gentle. I am also a big fan of the pump and have already repurposed this bottle. I am thinking it is possibly a dupe for the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, although I haven’t tried that one, they do have very similar ingredients.
29. Free & Lovely Coconut and Rose Body Butter: Honestly, this one I have only used a couple times and I have to get rid of it because I can’t stand the smell, which seems like a common theme on it’s reviews. It may moisturize my hands, but I can’t get past the smell.
This ended up being a lot of products, especially with the sample sizes! I also didn’t realize I used so many deodorants, but I was thinking it could be fun to dedicate a post to aluminum free deodorants, so let me know if that is something you would be interested in. Next time I will try to post a Spring empties a little sooner.
Thanks for reading!